The FGBMFI Code of Conduct According to our Scriptural Beliefs
Realizing that our Fellowship was founded on the principle of brotherly love and good will (John 15:12); and realizing that in the last days people shall take free speech as a license to reject authority and speak evil of dignitaries (Jude 8), and shall … walk according to the flesh… and despise authority…, becoming… presumptuous, self- willed and not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries … (2 Peter 2:10)
As a member of the FGBMFI, I choose to submit myself to the following Code of Conduct:
- I shall honor God and the leaders of the Fellowship, and submit myself to my brothers in this ministry in the fear of God as the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I further agree to be governed by the decisions of the International Officers, the International Board of Directors and the international delegates. Ephesians (5:21)
- I shall be sober and watch in prayer for my leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-3)
- I shall walk in fervent love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace among my brothers because love covers a multitude of sins. I further agree to be courteous, and I will bless, knowing that I am called to inherit a blessing. I shall choose love for my brothers and walk in the light, rejecting darkness which would blind me. (1 Pet. 4:8; Eph. 4:3; Prov. 10:12, 1 John 2:10-11)
- I shall submit myself to every ordinance of this fellowship. (1 Pet. 2:13)
- I shall walk worthy of the Call to which God has chosen me in this Fellowship and walk in all lowliness and gentleness toward my brothers. (Eph. 4:1-3)
- I shall let no corrupt communication proceed out of my mouth concerning my brothers in this Fellowship, but I shall speak only those things that will edify and impart grace to the hearer, for all have determined that I shall not grieve the Holy Spirit of God. (Eph. 4:29-30)
- I shall not deceive myself by saying I love my brother and then proceeded to say all types of hateful things about him.
- I shall pursue peace and holiness with all men so that other man shall see the Lord. (Heb. 12:4)
- I shall not gossip or distribute a bad report about any member of this Fellowship. I shall not devise wicked plans against the leaders of this Fellowship, and I shall not sow discord among the brethren. I choose to walk in love and I refuse to work any fleshly, carnal manner as characterized by envy, strife and division, for those who do so cannot please God. (Rom. 8:8, 1 Cor. 3:3)
- I recognize that the body of Christ has many members, and that the FGBMFI is just one part. If I find myself placed in an unresolved conflict with my leaders, I will not cause strife and division, but I will seek God‘s direction and will move to that part of the body which He has chosen for me.